Enquire about becoming a host provider
We are looking for half board host providers, (bed, breakfast and evening meal, 7 days a week and light lunch added at weekends and bank holidays) for any students 16 – 60yrs old.
The role of the Host Provider is to offer a homely environment for an International student to experience the British way of living. Time spent with them and chatting over meals helps them to learn the language.
We will require the following:
- A completed DBS (police check) for anyone living in the house who is 18+. These forms are given at the initial visit and have to be sent off and processed which can take up to 6 weeks. The cost per application is £44.
- A current gas safety check needs to be provided
- Suitable dining area where you all sit down to eat dinner with the student.
- Online modules for safeguarding, Prevent and e-safety to be completed
- Unlimited internet offered at no extra cost.
- Name, address and contact number of two friends or colleagues to write to them for a character reference.
- The accommodation needs to be in good decorative order, clean carpet etc and is subject to an inspection. This is very important, as your accommodation needs to reach a certain standard to be accepted by the college.
We'd recommend reading the Host provider guide before beginning your application.
Host Provider Enquiry Form