Central Sussex College: Notice of Draft Resolution to Dissolve
08 June 2017
NOTICE is hereby given that the Corporation of Central Sussex College intends to make a resolution dissolving the Corporation of Central Sussex College at midnight, on 31 July 2017*, the date of the intended merger with Chichester College. The draft of the resolution is as follows:
The Corporation of Central Sussex College having considered:
• Financial and due diligence reports on Chichester College as to its suitability to continue the business of Central Sussex College;
• The outcome of the statutory consultation on its proposal to dissolve;
• The terms of the transfer agreement between itself and Chichester College and the satisfaction of the conditions precedent therein;
• The final proposals as to the merger with Chichester College;
• The final proposed governance arrangements for the proposed new merged college; and
• The interests of its student beneficiaries, its staff and the local community,
And having received the consent of the Corporation of Chichester College:
(A) in accordance with section 27B of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 to dissolve and transfer all of the corporation’s property, rights and liabilities to Chichester College to take effect in accordance with the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 on the dissolution date which shall be midnight on 31 July 2017*, and
(B) in accordance with section 27A of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 to notify the Secretary of State for Education of this resolution and the dissolution date as soon as is reasonably practicable.
* This Notice is published on the basis on the intention of the two corporations to merge at midnight on 31 July 2017 although there is a possibility that this date may be subject to change to a later date.