Apprentice Recruitment Form
Crawley College is able to assist with your Apprentice recruitment needs – from the initial advertising of your vacancy through to the delivery of the training necessary to equip your Apprentice with the skills and knowledge they need to have a positive impact on your business. Our team will not only shortlist and arrange interviews, but can pre-screen and provide feedback. We are also able to adapt and tailor the recruitment process to meet the needs of your company.
Employer terms and conditions:
- By completing and returning the Vacancy and Recruitment forms to Crawley College you will be accepting and confirming that you have read and understood the following terms and conditions:
- You, the hiring company, are solely responsible for determining the candidate’s suitability and eligibility for employment; including reference, qualification or DBS checks.
- The Apprentice recruitment service offered by Crawley College is free-of-charge. By utilising the service you are agreeing to use Crawley College for the Apprenticeship training of the candidate once appointed. If you breach this clause a £500 fee will be charged to cover the costs associated with the recruitment services provided to you.
- Should the vacancy status change (i.e. you decide to withdraw the vacancy), you will notify Crawley College as soon as possible. Either party can terminate this agreement by notifying the other at any time.
- You will treat all applications fairly and without prejudice.
- Following receipt of candidates from the College you will provide shortlisting decisions within ten working days of the vacancy closing date. Failure to respond in this timeframe may result in applicants being unavailable for interview.
- Where necessary and on request, you will provide details to the National Apprenticeship Service’s external database company ‘Blue Sheep’ to verify your company details for Apprenticeship funding purposes.
- Candidate information cannot be shared with third parties and should not be kept on file if unsuccessful.
- Health and Safety vetting of your workplace must be undertaken by a representative of Crawley College upon an Apprentice commencing employment.
- As an employer, you will be responsible for the safeguarding of the Apprentice. This includes, but is not restricted to, the approach to the planning and procedures that are necessary to be in place to protect young and vulnerable adults from any potential harm or damage.
- You will provide the College with feedback regarding unsuccessful candidates, to allow the College to communicate this to candidates and subsequently improve their chances of future success.
- You will pay your Apprentice no less than £3.90 an hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- You have been made aware that should you place an Apprentice aged 19+ a financial contribution may be made by you.
- You must provide the Apprentice with a written contract of employment. Apprentices cannot be self-employed.
- You have been made aware that all apprentices must spend 20% of their time engaging in off the job training and understand what “off the job training” can include.
Please ensure you complete this form in full, and in as much detail as possible. The more detail you include the better the response you will receive when we advertise your vacancy. Please note that an incomplete form may be rejected by the National Apprenticeship Service which could delay the advertising process.
Please provide a detailed description of your organisation. This is your chance to really sell your company to potential applicants and it will be used within the advertisement.
Do you have any media (eg. a YouTube video, visual gallery etc.) that can accurate introduce your business to a candidate? (Optional)
Please give days/hours to be worked and shift pattern. Please note that weekly hours should ideally be a minimum of 30 and, if the apprentice is 18 or under, cannot exceed 40. This includes their college release.
Please give as much information as possible on the day to day duties, tasks and responsibilities the job will include. The more information provided here the better response you will receive.
E.g. good telephone manner, computer literate.
E.g. friendly, polite, reliable.
What are the post apprenticeship opportunities? E.g. a full time position or progression onto a higher level.
Are there any benefits available to the successful applicant? E.g. discount on products, gym on site or free tea and coffee.
E.g. is own transport required due to location. Employment will be subject to DBS etc.
You have the opportunity to ask questions to the candidates which relate directly to your vacancy (not mandatory). If you do not ask a question, we will ask one for you eg. 'Why do you want to be a mechanic?'
We are always looking for suitable placements at which our students can undertake work experience. Would you consider taking on students for work experience and if so, who would be the best person to contact?
Once your vacancy has been submitted, it will be processed by the Apprenticeship team.