Declaring Criminal Convictions

The college is keen to support students with convictions and to help them succeed. Having criminal convictions will therefore not necessarily prevent you from taking up a place at Crawley College, but entry to the college is dependent on you honestly declaring any unspent criminal convictions you may have. If you have unspent convictions but fail to disclose them when you apply, you may be asked to leave your course or face other disciplinary action.

Therefore, if you have any unspent convictions, please write down the offence(s), date(s) of conviction and sentence(s) imposed, put this information in a sealed envelope with your name and address (so we don't confuse you with anyone else) and post to the Head of Student Services, Crawley College, College Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1NR.

The information you provide will be considered by the Head of Student Services, and will only be disclosed to your course tutor (or to other staff who have a genuine need to know) if this is necessary in the interests of the safety and welfare of other students or staff. If you are not sure whether your conviction(s) are spent, please read the publication below or call Student Services on 01293 442203.