14 - 16 Schools Link Programmes
Crawley College has excellent links with schools across Sussex and works in partnership with them to offer vocational courses to Key Stage 4 students (years 10 and 11).
This gives students aged 14-16 the opportunity to develop their practical skills, ready for further study or an apprenticeship. Students benefit from small class sizes where they can receive extra input from our highly experienced tutors.
Is a 14-16 programme right for you?
If are in Year 10 or 11 and feel like you would benefit from learning practical skills away from school, a 14-16 programme might be the right option for you. As well as working towards a vocational qualification, you’ll also gain experience of the college environment which is very different to school.
You could choose from the following vocational subjects:
- Food Preparation
- Introduction to Construction
- Motor Vehicle
- Fresh Start (maths, English, ICT and employability skills, combined with a vocational option)
We'll discuss your attendance with you and your school, but you can expect to attend college for somewhere between 2 hours and 5 days a week, depending on your programme.
If you are interested in joining one of our 14-16 programmes, you’ll need to:
- Speak to your Tutor/ Head of Year at school who will get in contact with us.
- Complete the application form that your school will give to you
- Get the form signed by your parents/carers
- Return the form to your school who will sign it and send it to us
- Attend an interview at the college
The college will send you an offer letter and you’ll be informed of your start date. We’ll also let you know if you’ll need any equipment such as a uniform or protective clothing.
Information and advice for schools
The college offers a flexible programme of courses, matched to students on a case by case basis. For more information or to obtain an application form, please call 01293 442200.