Work Experience for our Students
Could your business offer valuable work experience to our students?
Relevant work experience was rated by 66% of recruiting employers as being a critical or significant factor looked for in candidates (UKCES Employer Perspectives Survey 2014) 31% of young people starting their working lives do not feel they have the appropriate skills, citing a lack of work experience (71%) as being their main weakness (CBI/Pearson Education and Skills Survey 2013).
Placements give students the opportunity to gain real-world experience that is linked to their future progression including:
- The chance to get a job which is often denied due to lack of experience
- An opportunity to experience different job roles within a chosen sector
- Experience in applying for positions and preparing for interviews
- A chance to strengthen their CV and start to build a network of industry contacts
For you as an employer, it provides an opportunity to meet and work with potential talent within your business including:
- Accessing those who are looking to join the labour market in your sector
- An opportunity for staff development including supervision and coaching
- Enhancing your image as an employer via community involvement
If you feel you could support our young people on their journey into work by providing a work experience placement, please call 01293 442341/442209 or email email@example.com