Free School Meals
Claiming for Free School Meals
Free School Meals have now been extended to include students at Further Education Colleges starting from September 2016
Students aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2016 may be eligible for a daily free meal in the 2016 to 2017 academic year. Students who turn 19 during their study programme will remain eligible for a free meal until the end of the academic year in which they turn 19 or to the end of their study programme, whichever is sooner.
Students aged between 19 and 25 who are subject to a Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA) or Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan) and ESF students aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2016 are also entitled to a free meal while attending their course, if they meet the eligibility criteria.
To find out if your child is entitled to free school meals, contact Student Services on 01293 442293 or 01293 453430.
If you receive any of the following you/your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- during the initial roll out of this benefit, Universal Credit
A student is only eligible to receive a free meal when they, or a parent/carer on their behalf, have made a successful application to Crawley College.
To find out if your child is entitled to free school meals, contact Student Services on 01293 442 372 and 01293 453 436.