We are your OUTSTANDING college group!
The Chichester College Group (CCG), which includes Chichester College, Brinsbury College, Crawley College and Worthing College, has become only the second Further Education provider in England to achieve the highest grades in every area of Ofsted’s updated Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
This endorses our mission of ‘changing lives through learning’.
Out of nine areas inspected, all nine were rated ‘Outstanding’:
|The quality of education
|Behaviour and attitudes
|Leadership and management
|Education programmes for young people
|Adult learning programmes
|Provision for students with high needs
Overall, we are 'Outstanding'!
Our inspection report, published on 12 May 2020, praises all areas of our provision. It acknowledges CCG’s ‘outstanding culture of inclusivity and respect’ and says that our ‘courses meet fully the demands of their local and regional communities’.
View our full ofsted report
A message fromShelagh Legrave OBE, Chief Executive, CCG
Here are some more reasons why Ofsted say we are ‘Outstanding’:
What Ofsted say about our students:
- Students and apprentices enjoy greatly their time at college
- Students, including adult students, and apprentices, are rightly very proud of their college
- Students and apprentices greatly appreciate the many opportunities they have to participate in decision-making across the college
- Students and apprentices study courses that are relevant and are in line with industry practice
What Ofsted say about our support for students:
- Students and apprentices, and particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, rightly feel highly supported by college staff
- Students and apprentices benefit from substantial careers advice and guidance to ensure they are well informed about their next steps
- Staff who work with students with special educational needs and/or disabilities are well informed and trained to support the student’s individual academic and social goals
What Ofsted say about our staff:
- Staff have high expectations of all students and apprentices
- Teachers inspire students to fully commit to their studies and, as a result, they develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours they need to be successful
- Teachers use their considerable experience to structure lesson content logically and to teach interesting and engaging lessons
What Ofsted say about our work with employers:
- Employers value greatly the positive impact apprentices’ new skills and knowledge have on their workplace
- Leaders and managers work closely with employers and other external stakeholders to research and design appropriate courses for students
- Managers and teachers keep employers very well informed about the progress that apprentices make
What Ofsted say about our Governors, leaders and managers:
- Governors, leaders and staff have high expectations of all students and apprentices. They help them achieve their goals and become responsible members of both the college and wider community
- Leaders, managers and staff are highly ambitious for disadvantaged students and those with additional needs
- Leaders have created an outstanding culture of inclusivity and respect.