Institutions’ Duty to Report Immigration Matters

The college had to agree to report students to the Home Office in certain circumstances in order to have a Tier 4 Sponsor licence. The main situations in which the college will report you to the Home Office are:

  1. If you fail to turn up for enrolment having used a Visa letter to extend your stay in the UK
  2. You fail to attend classes on 10 occasions without the agreement of the college
  3. You take a break from your studies for any reason
  4. You change to a shorter course, or your studies end early
  5. You leave the college

This means it is very important that, as far as possible, you attend your classes and complete coursework when it is due. It is also very important to notify the college if you are ill and cannot attend or have to miss classes or deadlines for any other reason. You must also tell the college if you decide to leave your course or you are going somewhere else to study.

Further Information


The Council for International Education - has a very useful website and offers advice to International students on fees, immigration and related matters. (+44) 20 7788 9214, Monday to Friday 13.00-16.00 (UK time)


The UK Visas and Immigration website has all the information you need about coming to the UK to study.

We look forward to welcoming you to the college.